Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kayla's 6 month check up

I took Kayla to the doctor's today for her 6 month check up. Here is what the doctor said and an update on her development.
  • Wt. 18 lb at 85%
  • Ht. 27 1/2 at 96%
  • HC. 17 1/2
  • She has two bottom teeth. Dr said that her tops will be coming in soon. Kayla's gums were swollen.
  • Dr thinks Kayla is going to be 5'10 or 5'11
  • Kayla sits up on her own. She rocks and crawls backwards. She is really close to crawling, maybe in a few weeks?
  • She eats well. She like pretty much anything in baby food. When we eat, she likes to eat. Sometimes she prefers baby food over her bottle. :)
  • She says "ma ma ma" and "da da da"
  • She waves with her right hand.
  • She has a little rash but the doctor said just to put lotion on it. The rash is under her chin and a little on her stomach. Dr. wasn't worried about it.
  • She like to chew on pacifiers and blankets. Usually soft things.
  • She sleeps well in the crib although she wakes up once a night to eat still. Not a big deal. Ryan is good about trading off on his days off, so I can catch up on sleep.
  • She got 3 shots today. She cried real hard at first then gave the nurse a pissed off look. Later she slept most of the day away with a little whimpering.
  • She is a easy going happy baby, most of the time! ;)

2 comments:

Kelli and Chad said...

I love your blog! I think your little family is so cute, I love that you put her 6 month check-up on here, what a great idea! I am so happy for you, those 2 beautiful kids are so lucky to have you and your husband.

Sandy said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking my blog out, Kelli! I also enjoy going over to your blog and reading up on the happenings in your family. I am not very good at leaving messages. :) Thanks again!!