Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kayla's Sealing---Temple Pictures


What an awesome night we had!!! The whole day went well until 1/2 hour before we were to show up for pictures. Adrian touched my curling iron and got 2nd degree burns. It blistered then he rubbed the burn because it was hurting. Thankfully Ryan was right there to get it under cold water. We covered it and then he was fine. I pray that it will heal nicely.
I am not good at typing what I want to say. I am better at speaking how I feel. So, I hope I can say this with a little help from up above! :) The sealing was wonderful. Adrian was so excited to be able to go back to the Temple. He talked about wearing white like his mom, dad and kayla. Ryan and I had the chance to just sit together and ponder. I thought about the blessings of adoption. I recalled memories, before Kayla was placed with us (her birthmother had not found us yet). I remember recalling back in Feb of 2008. I felt promptings that we were going to have a GIRL! I had an idea of when but didn't know how. Kayla's little Spirit was in our house often. She was busy, loud and full of life.....just like now!! For me I am thankful that Heavenly Father allows my Spirit to feel and hear her Spirit. When I heard Kayla, she gave me hope that she was coming only I didn't know how. Somedays it would be difficult because I knew that I couldn't see or hold her. I had to have faith that Heavenly Father would bless us with more children. It did happen, not on my time line but Heavenly Fathers. When the time was right, everything fell into place the way is was suppose to. Kayla's sealing was a big deal to our family because I had some personal experiences involving her being sealed to us. Kayla needed a mom and dad to raise her on earth but Heavenly Father wanted her to have a Family Forever (ok...we wanted that 2!!!) I know we have been blessed by having Kayla as a daughter and being sealed in the Temple. However, I can't help but think about Kayla's birthmother who gave so much for so little. She is our hero. She is our friend.
To Kayla's Birthmother.......WE LOVE YOU!!!

Kayla and Adrian look nice in white. Adrian was chatting in the sealing room sitting next to me. He was showing me his tie, socks, shoes, etc. :) Kayla wiggled a lot during the sealing. Until the end.......when there is that moment and your thinking "we're done? can't it last a little longer? what do we do now?" or you just stare at each other or stare at your child whom you just were sealed to! At that moment Kayla clapped (A LOT!!) Really, it was funny. She just started clapping like she had approved. We love to see the Temple and we will go there again some day because Families Are Forever!!










2 comments:

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

What a great day!

Susan and Scott said...

Sandy congrats on the sealing. I love the family pictures with your sunglasses on. It's so cute and fun. Your so inspiring to me about adoption.