I hope you take time to view our pictures of our trip to Florida. I got confused (it happens alot) and put them in backwards. If you look on the right side of this blog you will find "NOVEMBER". Click on it and you will see everything I added to this blog from our vacation. I had about 631 pictures we took. Enjoy them. We had a wonderful time! The other big thing was that happened was that we decided to make this trip a cash only trip. So with a plan in motion we took cash with us instead of our debit cards (ok...we had them in case of an emergency).
We left here for Florida on November 8th. Our flight left at 7:00am which meant a very long day for us. The kids did great and slept a lot. We arrived in Florida around 6:00pm (here in boise we are 2 hours behind). We enjoyed a nice dinner with dad, mom, Bob and Karen. Monday morning we relaxed then dad took us over to Bass Pro Shop. It was so much fun. Tuesday morning we got up early and headed to Walt Disney World. The wait for the rides were only 5-10 minutes long! It was awesome! The weather was nice and it was a beautiful day. Adrian got to drive a race car, ride on a train and meet "Woody." Kayla enjoyed riding and walking and riding on a few of the rides. It's a small world is a good ride. The park closed at 7:00pm. When 7:00pm hit the rain came down, hard. At first it wasn't fun and frankly I thought Kayla would be screaming but we made it fun instead of a big deal. We had so much fun splashing in the puddles. We were soaked when we got back to the car.
Wednesday we drove around and relaxed that day. The kids were tired.
Thursday we headed to Disney Downtown Mall to meet up with family members. It was nice to see my Aunt Marie, cousin Melissa, and my cousin Sherry's two children (Jordan and Naomi). We ate at the Rainforest Cafe.
Friday, we took a drive out to Daytona Beach. It was a nice day. There is driving on the beach and big waves....ok, I think they are big. LOL. Kayla and Adrian had a good time playing in the water. That evening we stopped by the "Largest McDonald's Playground in the states." From a parents point of view.....it wasn't anything great...just a bigger playland and a ton of arcade stuff.
Saturday we took a drive to the gulf coast. We went to the Clearwater Beach to play. It was the best day ever! So many sea shells and the sand was so white. We did see a shark in the water but the water was calming. Kayla ate the sand every chance she could get. Later that day we drove up to Turpin Springs, still on the gulf coast. There is a little greek town with boat that come in with sponges (sponge boats). It was amazing to see. The food was good. We took a few desserts home with us. The day was just perfect. Did I mention this was a 2 and 1/2 hour drive both ways?
Sunday we relaxed at home with my parents visiting with them. It was nice spending time with them. We did go with Bob and Karen (room mates with my parents) to a beautiful park in the old historic district in Orlando. Another nice day.
Monday we headed home.....very stressful. I was so grateful to be home when did. 11:00pm in the evening.
Let me just share you our not so fun times.....all having to do with Adrian. LOL. Adrian pooped in his underwear at one McDonald's playland and Chick-fil-a playland. Underwear had to be thrown away. The worst was when we were at the airport heading home. We got through security point and Adrian says "Dad, look at my leg." OH MY GOSH!! Poop out of that boys underwear. I panicked....don't let it fall out of his pants leg. I don't having anything to clean it up with and their is a lot of people here. We got out of line (Adrian and I) and headed to the bathroom. I had to throw away pants, underwear and socks. He had it on his pants, underwear, socks and his shoe! It was one of those bath tub moments. I was so angry but what could I have done? I got a bag threw everything in it and left. Praying to get home quickly. Kayla on the airplane cried most of the time while this lady kept looking back at me and I had to keep apologizing......I hate flying with small children. LOL.
Now we are home. It was truly a wonderful weekend with my parents. Thank you mom and dad for your hospitality! We love you and enjoyed spending time with you.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment