Sunday, January 22, 2012

a 3 year old view of being pregnant :)

Setting: In my bedroom on the phone with a friend.  Kayla walks into the room talking loudly. I begin the conversation with Kayla by saying:

Mom: "Shhhh Kayla, Mommy's on the phone. Can you go to your bedroom and get your baby doll. Make sure she is ok. Get her bottle and feed her."

Kayla: "Nope, Can't, Cause the baby is in my tummy." 
(She exits the bedroom.  Comes back a few minutes later with a her black little baby up under her shirt.)

Kayla: "See Mother, the baby is in my tummy." 
(She climbs up on top of my bed.  I am watching out of the corner of my eye and listening to my phone call as well as Kayla.  Ya'll know how it's done. Multitasking!)

Kayla: "I'm giving birth to my baby!!! HERE HE COMES!!" 
(Up goes her shirt and out comes the baby.  She is dangling the baby by the foot.)

Kayla: "See Mother, we got a baby boy!"
(She holds her baby and leaves the room.)

Mom: Smiling, laughing and thanking Heavenly Father for these tender moments I get to have with my children.

0 comments: