Sunday, May 11, 2008

Made with Love

A few years ago I made a blanket out of flannel for Ernest. It was a "Manly Blanket" that fit his bed. :) I watched as Charlotte would use it from time to time. Seems like a few months ago she started talking about how she wished she had a nice flannel blanket for herself. One day she was with me running errands. I needed to stop by the fabric store. I heard they were having a sale on flannel and I wanted to check it out. I came across the cutest fabric that said "I love Grandma." I had to quickly make up a "little white lie" about why I was buying the fabric. But to myself I knew I would use the fabric for her as a Mother's Day gift. I didn't know how but I would figure it out eventually. I knew her favorite color was purple and I had this cute fabric I just bought. So I began thinking and working....
And sewing and repairing... :). Soon it was done. And yes on Mother's Day I got to watch the glow in her face as she opened her blanket. I think she was overwhelmed but felt loved knowing now she has her very own blanket. Happy Mother's Day Mom, Grandma! We love you!!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: