Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Smackdown and the floor WON....

We got in at midnight last night.......from camping for 4 days.....

ADRIAN IN ONE CORNER AND THE FLOOR IN THE OTHER CORNER:
Adrian is asleep in his bed. He wakes up at 5:00am in a sleepy state. Apparently his diaper was overflowing into his bed. He does not like having a wet bed or clothes that are wet when he is asleep. I think he was coming to find me......

I was asleep on the couch. For two reasons, one my ankles were really swollen from the high elevation and I had them propped up. The second reason was because dad snores real loud. The house was hot and I just wanted to watch a movie, so by 2:00am I was sleeping like a baby.

Dad was asleep in the bedroom. He also was very tired because he drove like 10 hours yesterday. I knew he was sleeping deeply. However....

What we heard was "SMACK, THEN A SCREAM!" Dad was a trooper and got to him first.

THE RING MASTERS:
As he was holding him, I was checking him over. Thinking he "just fell" until I saw all the blood. Yes, all over his face. We figured that he was so out of it that he lost his balance and smacked the floor. Unfortunally, THE FLOOR WON!

THE PLAN:
The question was "does he need stitches or what?" We worked together to clean him up. Brainstorming ideas on what to do. A two year with a wound on his head. I thought stitches, dad said super glue. We decided to take him in for a third opion.

MINOR EMERGENCY:
Around 7:00am we took him into a minor emergency clinic. Richard McChrystal PA-C treated him. He told us the plan was to strap him to a board, clean the wound and see if it needs stitches or glue. The glue won. He got strapped, cleaned and glued. While the whole time he screamed his head off. That part was hard for me to see, knowing your son is in pain and you can't do anything about it.

THE REWARD:
2 capri suns to drink, a sucker and McDonald's for breakfast. All before 8:00am

THE AMAZING PART:
He must have a high pain tolerance because he seemed ok the rest of the day. He also had a dog bite this week and two hugh blister on his feet. The feet, I never heard him complain about it. The bite was fine as long as no one touched it.

I am grateful for miracles each and everday that he is in my life. I just love that little man. :)


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

lulu said...

I am so glad he is ok! It is silly how kids can play so rough, but get hurt when doing normal things. Who would have thought that falling on the floor would give him such a bad boo-boo. I am glad they were able to use the glue instead of stitches. Give him a big hug from Aunt Licia.