Every Monday night we have FHE (family home evening). This is a night where we may do a small lesson, play a game or teach our children about values, life, Christ or the gospel. When November was approaching I wanted to find something fun we could do all month, thinking about gratitude since we have been so very blessed. I did some searching on the computer and came across a cute turkey with no feathers. I was hoping that this would be a good project for our family and was hoping that everyone would participate.
That night we had Charlotte (Ryan's mom) and Elaine/her kids (Ryan's sister) over for FHE. We talked about gratitude and what it means. I brought out the turkey and feathers. Adrian and Kristana got very excited. The rules stated simply....
1. name your turkey
2. think of something you are grateful for
3. no duplications
4. do it every day til the end of the month
Your probably wondering why I am posting this idea now, since it is not the end of the month. (sorry you'll have to wait til after November to see the picture). I have seen two things happen this month. The first is that in the beginning we thought about the spiritual things in our lives. Then we went to family ideas, simple /basic stuff and now we have gone back to the spiritual stuff. I have realize that there are many things that I am so grateful for that are so simple. Like learning (this year I did some canning) or quiet moments or wisdom/common sense. The second thing I wanted to share with you comes from Adrian. In the beginning when we would ask him "what are your grateful for"? He would say "Jesus name Amen". It was a cute answer every time but we needed to help guide him to think of ideas. He soon caught on and shortly after he started saying to us and everyone else "what are you grateful for"? Then this week he wants to get the feathers out and ask the question, write it down and tape the feather onto the turkey. So when you see the scribbles those are some more answers, you just can' read his writing yet. LOL!!
I am so grateful for this project. It has been fun to look deep for what we enjoy in life. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I love Thanksgiving too! I can't believe how big Kayla's getting! Too cute.
Post a Comment