Thursday, November 20, 2008

When the sun comes up and when the sun goes down

Ok, someone should have written a book called "What your child will do after you bring home a newborn baby". I know it sounds silly but it's true. When we brought Kayla home, Adrian's sleep pattern had changed. He needed to be awake very time Kayla was up during the night. It was hard having 2 kids up all night with me. Still 2 months later I find Adrian every so often getting up at all hours of the night, like last night. So here is what I did (I will either regret this come spring or he will be better at sleeping through the night).

I told him "When the sun goes down, it's time to sleep. When the sun comes up, it's time to play". It seems so simple for him to understand and yet I feel this little person touching my hair or pulling my blankets off or saying to me "mom i am hungry" in the middle of the night. Then comes the words "your suppose to be sleeping. where is the sun? is it up or down? and so forth". :) I walk him back to his bedroom, kiss him good night and hope for just a little more sleep before the sun comes up. :0

This will either work out well or by spring I will be up VERY early in the morning! :) I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: