Most of you know I have had pneumonia since Thanksgiving. Although I look like I am well, I mostly suffer from fatigue. I am really tired a lot of the time. I had been talking to a friend about taking a family photo of us this Christmas, but because I had been so sick I kept canceling our appointment. I finally told Ryan last week, I really would like to just take some photos on Sunday in front of the fireplace. I had bought Adrian a red suit last year for Christmas and Kayla had a pretty red and white dress to wear, which my parents had bought for her. I thought we could be a cute little family in red and white, right....that was my thinking....now here is what really happened.....
Today came. I get so stressed when it is picture time. I want the perfect photo with the perfect family with the perfect look. I was the first to start getting dressed, I was stressed enough on what I was going to wear. I had everyone figured out but me. I heard Ryan tell Adrian if he got dressed then Adrian could have something he wanted. I told Ryan how I really didn't want Adrian to get dressed just yet because my concern was that he would get the suit messy or spill something on it. I wanted to put Adrian's suit on at the last possible moment. I can't really remember what was said after but I agreed to go ahead and get Adrian dressed in his suit. I finished getting myself ready and Ryan headed to the shower.
I had decided to go ahead and get Kayla ready for church. I was excited to get her dressed up in her Christmas dress. A close friend had made her a pretty headband for her blessing day and a cute little bracelet. I really wanted to put it on her with her dress, since this was going to be her first Christmas. I was excited to see how she was going to look when I was done. I get Kayla's completely naked (she just loves having her clothes off) and slowly start making sure I was putting her clothes on for the big picture day! She is on the changing table by the way.
While I am doing this, Adrian had been in the family room playing. I hear Adrian entering the bedroom. This is not common for him because he is very concerned if his sister is "just pee" or "poopy". LOL. I look down and notice his shirt is on with his vest but his pants are gone. I asked Adrian, "where are you pants" and the reply came with out a beat "I changed my diaper" (he means his pullup from when he was asleep). I then say well "good job". I can't remember what he said next but what I remember is that I reached over and turned him around. I had a little panic going on thinking "oh no, say it isn't so", not today. Slowly I looked down his backside not wanting to see what I knew would be there. Poop EVERYWHERE, yes everywhere! He told me that he cleaned himself up. Um yea, he sure did clean himself up and wiped it EVERYWHERE, did I say EVERYWHERE! :) The first thing I saw was the back of his shirt, poop from the bottom to almost where his vest was, oh and from one side to the other on the back of his shirt. I thought that wasn't to bad until I saw his wrist on his white shirt. Poop from the hand all the way to the elbow. I was about to gage but knew this was my job as a mom to take care of my children. I was fustrated, it's Sunday.....our family pictures, his suit is messy and then I panicked. If he looks like this then what is in store for me in the famly room?
I take a breath and head to the family room with out saying anything negative or harsh to him. I understood that he was just "helping out". I am telling him that "mom and dad are the ones that should clean his poop until he can poop in the potty himsellf". As I walk into the family room I see his pull up with poop all over it. The carpet has poop rubbed in it. Then on the other side of the family room is where the wipes were. It's opened and half, yes half of the wipes have been used. There is a really big pile of wipes with poop, EVERYWHERE! I feel a gage coming on. I take a breath and head to the bathroom. I explain to my dear sweet husband that he picked a good time to shower and then I tell him the story of what Adrian did.
I come out of the bathroom and begin to clean the mess, totally forgetting that I have a naked baby still on the changing table (half naked is more like it). I go get Kayla dressed and as I come back to the family room, Adrian is having a hard time getting dressed. Apparently, he has decided not to wear his suit to church (I had another white shirt for him to wear with his suit). He wants to wear a BLUE sweater. I am in a panic mode (because I know haw strong willed he is).... and I am thinking "WE ARE NOT MATCHING, WE ARE NOT MATCHING", I then remember some red sweaters in his closet. At this point I just wanted to do some pictures. I pulled the sweaters out and gave him the choice on which sweater to wear. Ok, he is dressed, we were dressed now lets do this thing....family photo!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Very good story. I found Katie in the bathroom with Ben the other day. He was trying to clean up katie's poop...gross me out!
Thanks for the yummy treats! Sorry I missed you guys-I was working.
Post a Comment