Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas tree and Pneumonia


My tree looks so pretty but oh so nakked! We picked this tree up from Lowe's the Monday after thanksgiving. We had this tradition we wanted to start this Christmas. We wanted to put things on the tree that either reminded us of Christ or things we were thankful for. Things we have been blessed with because of our saviors birth. That was our plan. I started getting sick on black Friday. Just a sore throat and hoarse voice. Nothing much. I kept thinking it will get better and some days it did and some days it got worse. The tree became less of a priority. This past Friday we were suppose to go to the mountains with some friends. I just felt terrible and asked Ryan if he would take Adrian with him. I would take Kayla and be able to get a little rest. Saturday morning came and I felt horrible. My breathing was weird, I was wheezy, achy, tired, my throat was hurting and I was going on day 10 of my voice being hoarse. When I got to the hospital they immediately gave me a breathing treatment. I felt some relief with that. Then the doc looked me over. She was very nice. They tested me for strep...negative. She said it might be influenza but it was to late to do the test and see. She started listening to my lungs and said you have pneumonia. She said she didn't want me send me down to ST. Alp's hospital to wait all day for test and because I had Kayla and she had been sick also. She called the pharmacy for an antibiotic and an inhaler. I went there and went to bed.

Going on day 13 and I still feel horrible. I have some energy off and on. My throat has a continual burn in it. I have terrible acid reflux. Been taking whatever will work and nothing works great. So, I do what I can when I can and then I rest. Ryan has been a blessing taking care of the kids as much as possible. He takes the whole night shift and I get to catch up on sleep. Luckily, this all happened when he is off work. He will be back Thursday so I need to rest as much as possible. So if you have any suggestions on my throat I would love to hear about it. and the voice is a little hoarse. One day at a time......tired now....making dinner then resting. Hopefully we will get lights on the tree tonight!! sleep well my friends
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Oh, that is horrible! I'm glad Ryan is such a big help. I hope you are better soon!

Holly Hart said...

Hey, do you need help decorating your tree? I know it is hard with a new baby to get the things done that you need to do, and especially when you are sick! I could come over sometime when Sean is home so he could be with the babies, or if you need me to run to the store and get some things for you!!

Let me know!! I hope that you are better soon!